04 Oct MAKEUP / COLOR EYELINER
1. Know that there are three basic types of liners.
– Pencil eyeliner is easy to apply, but sometimes doesn’t spread as smoothly or thickly as gel or liquid liners.
– Gel liners are matte and glide on easily. They sometimes come in a little pot with a brush.
– Liquid liners are used for their precision, and usually come in tubes with a small brush, or “pen-style” with brush tips. They can take some time to dry after applying, though.
2. Pick the best eyeliner for your eye color.
To make colored eyeliner work, you NEED to pick one that compliments (not matches) your eye color. Remember that opposites attract: brown eyes look best with richer, more saturated colours like purple, lavender, pink, turquoise, blue, gold and copper; blue eyes are incredible when paired with bronze, orange or rust; green eyes look wonderful with purple, gold or a dark turquoise; and hazel eyes really stand out in green or purple.
If you have green eyes, go for deep purple. If you have brown eyes, olive greens are especially flattering. If you have hazel eyes, purple will bring out any green in your eyes.